Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Oh, brother, Citibank's initial position is "no problem, the check was honored the next day...."

Mr. Gillenwater informs that Citibank told him that Christine Duncan(?) at 617.351.0124 actually told him that it wasn't a big deal because the check was honored the next day.

Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn about what happened the next day.

It's all about what happened the first day when Carlo Caramanna refused to honor a valid check to a holder in due course, while threatening an unlawful arrest to that holder and his friends.

And actually that wasn't the first day either, as will be explained IN THE LITIGATION.

UPDATE 12:45pm -- Nice return phone call from Ms. Duncan, forwarded email contact Benjamin Velella, Esq. benjamin.velella@citi.com phone 718.248.1740.

Here then, is my email to Attorney Velella:

Dear Attorney Velella:

I am certain you are familiar with this unfortunate situation.

One other time someone threatened me with arrest they paid me $35,000.00.

If you wish to dispose of this case right now (i.e. this week) we will settle it for $15,000.00, otherwise we will ramp up and do what we need to do. If we have to hire counsel it will only go up from there, and I feel confident in our chances in defeating your Motion for Summary Judgment, which will be met with our own Motion for Summary Judgment.

Please advise,

Boston Bob.


PS:

Dear Attorney Velella:

Don't forget the express representation from your Chinatown branch that they would honor the check when Mr. Gillenwater got his new State I.D. card.

They then reneged on that promise, all of which should be stored in your video vault.

BB

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I love a good lawsuit.

    Looks like we're about to have one.

    BB

    ReplyDelete